Thursday, March 1, 2012

Transformed Mind

Romans 12:2- “And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may prove what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect.”
Let’s just say that I had tons of stuff to write on this verse, specifically the “be transformed by the renewing of your mind” section, but I just started thinking about the rest of the verse and it made 65 times more sense why God had put the verse in my head at all. I’ll keep it simple for you though.
Tuesday night I was lying in bed and my mind was wandering where it shouldn’t have been. All of a sudden “be transformed by the renewing of your mind” popped into my head and it helped immensely. I still haven’t been able to get it out of my head so I decided to write it down, and in doing so I wrote the whole verse.
Reading the verse in its entirety clears it up for me as to why God put it into my head. Let’s just say I’ve been praying for Him to reveal His will to me, and there it is. “be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may prove what the will of God is”. So therefore, in order for me to know God’s will, my mind needs to be transformed.
This leads to questions about whether this happens at salvation, or whether it’s a Christian maturity thing. Personally, I have no clue. I think it’s more along the lines of maturity because I’ve been a Christian for almost two years now and I know for a fact my mind could still use transformation. Romans 7 and the whole topic of sanctification back me up on this.
But, in closing, let me just say that God does speak to us through His Word when we take the time to get to know it and the time to quiet ourselves to hear Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment