Saturday, September 10, 2016

"It is Finished" -- 9/10/2016

My most loving Heavenly Father,

Please grant me this day to see others the way You see them.
Help me to see past the dirt so I can see the precious gem.

You, Lord, sent Your Son for the dirty and broken
And on that fateful day the following words were spoken:
"Father forgive them."
"It is finished."

Those lines there mean that I don't even recognize the depths of my sin.
But Your Spirit uses pain and confusion to draw me to Him.
Please help me fight for unity in these days and weeks
And from seeking Your glorious face to never cease.
Cuz Your glory is the only thing that can overcome angst
And turn bitterness and anger from hate to love and grace.

Another set of words from the cross speak truth
And it helps me in times like this cuz they show the proof:
"My God, My God, why have You forsaken me."
"It is finished."

The proof is that whenever I feel alone
Your Son's been there to, even the sun wasn't shown.
He's gone through everything I go through daily
And for that reason I can trust Him completely
So please help me to meditate on truth
And ignore the lies overwhelming this youth

Please send Jesus quickly, Lord, I want to see You
Thank You again that His words are true:
"It is finished."
"It is finished."

No comments:

Post a Comment